This Award honours ground-breaking original contributions to the study of population with far-reaching implications for our discipline and our understanding of population dynamics and their consequences. Unique innovative insights such as expressed in a single or several publications, as well as work which spans a longer period can be nominated for the EAPS Award for Population Studies, as can exceptional life time achievements.
Rules of Play for the EAPS Award for Population Studies
- There are no specific age /career or other criteria for Candidates, but Candidates should be members of EAPS.
- Candidates should be nominated by at least five peers who are members of EAPS and who are residing in at least three different countries.
The Jury may also invite nominations.
- Nominations should include a short (maximum one page) explanatory statement by the nominators including the acceptance of the nominee, as well as a curriculum vitae of the nominee.
- Nominations should be sent to EAPS and will be treated as confidential.
- Nominations should be received by EAPS at least two months before a European Population Conference takes place.
- The Award is presented at each European Population Conference, which is organized every two years.
- Laureates are expected to receive the Award at the European Population Conference.
- The EAPS Award for Population Studies brings a Euro 1000 cash benefit and a certificate.
- The Council of EAPS is the Jury for the EAPS Award for Population Studies.